There are 2 alternatives in going to coron island, via air and by sea ; but before i go further let me give you some tips to avoid booking mistakes and inconvenience.
- Do you know that Coron is NOT part of PUERTO PRINCESA?, many pinpointed in the map that the 2 towns are located at the same city.
- Coron Busuanga is located in northern part of Palawan, while puerto princesa is in western side of palawan island.
- The 2 provinces have its own airport, Francisco Reyes Domestic Airport if going to Coron – and Puerto Princesa International Airport for puerto princesa city.
- via sea : Estimated travel distance from puerto princesa to busuanga coron is about 12-16 hours (one way) , FYI hindi po daily ang biyahe dito, every other day pa or sometimes saturday and sunday only.
- If you have future plans going to coron , make sure you book your ticket directly going to Busuanga Palawan.
- If you opt to stay in puerto princesa, it is very impractical to avail the coron island tours due to its distance .
Hoping this will find and help future travelers to identifying the two major key cities and tourist destination of palawan. Now lets move on to the next essential things on how to avail a convenient way of going to coron palawan.
Traveling to coron philippines is now made easy thru our 3 local airline carriers and interisland ferry ;
and seasonally with Sky Jet.
they offer both seasonal cheap rates and promotional seat discounts for advance booking flyers.
GOING TO CORON VIA AIR
Cebu Pacific, offers daily flights schedule going to coron, monday to sunday, usually the morning flight depart as early as 8:45 am and the last flight scheduled as late 5:45pm. you may check their website for schedules and promo rates. www.cebupacific.com
One major airline is Philippine Airlines (PAL) that fly directly daily to coron from manila. Airfare ranges depends on chosen dates, if you want to avail the promo round trip tickets you should book in advance. Be sure to plan ahead and take advantage of seat sale from. www.philippineairlines.com
Sky Jet airlines is other best alternative, seasonally they offer direct flight from manila to coron and vice versa. their aircraft is little bit smaller compared to major domestic airlines, but its much faster and brings more pleasure to fly in its first boutique aircraft .www.skyjetair.com
GOING TO CORON VIA SEA
2go Ferry boats are financially helpful for budget travelers, therefore, this makes an effective transportation option for vacationers to visit coron multiple island chains. No matter where you’re headed, the adventure is just beginning; Being on a 2GO ferry is usually a wonderful experience, from friendly chatter to a cool breeze in your face, it’s the perfect opportunity to take your own stunning travel photographs, read a book, take selfie moments or just relax with your travel companions. Make sure you get onto the scheduled ferry on time to avoid convenience.
2go Manila port passenger station :
for commuters : from cm recto, take the jeep going to pier.
with own car : just take coastal road, baywalk area, lalagpas pa ng american embassy going to anda cirle.
Ferries are a lot like trains. They run on a schedule, but they aren’t always on that schedule because with sometimes hundreds of cargo to load on and off, delays can happen. The day you’re planning on getting onto the ferry, be sure to go online or call ahead to see if your boat will be on time. This will help to minimize wait times that you may face and let you know if the boat might actually be running ahead of schedule too! Tidal conditions and other factors might also cause your trip to be cancelled, which knowing ahead of time is extremely beneficial.